Monday, October 10, 2016

MORE TRACK PLANNING

I think I'm zeroing in on the plan. I've fit in most of the elements I want without making it too crowded. Trying to take lessons from  Lance Mindheim and not over crowed the scene or try to include too much. I'm not sure I don't have too much track but it all serves a purpose. I found the way to fit both EQ Detroit and Schlafer Iron & Steel onto the layout was to kind overlap the two city blocks. Overlapping elements is something Byron Henderson talks about doing in many of his designs.
On the prototype Schlafer Iron & Steel and EQ Detroit are both on the east side of the line. By moving EQ to side opposite as Schlafer and eliminating E Ferry St. They both fit without overly compressing everything.  This will combine the Ferry St. scene along with the engine service/ office
scene at Farnsworth St. I think it is a reasonable compromise but would like to hear some feed back on the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment