Thursday, October 20, 2016

hand laying track

My last layout, The Wabash Columbia branch, was built using Mostly Atlas code 83 track and turnouts. It worked well but I decided I wanted smaller rail for this layout. Code 70 and 55 and I also wanted to get away from plastic frogs and hinged stamped points. When I started planning this layout a couple of years ago I did a couple of test turnout builds using a couple different kits and methods and settled in on using the Fast Tracks templates and a few of their tools. I've built about half a dozen this way now and they have a very nice flow and trucks roll very smoothly through them. I did this one last night in about two hours and just needs a few more pieces.  Looks like I'm a little rusty with the precision soldering.... but I think it will clean up ok.



No comments:

Post a Comment