Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I started work on this project a couple years ago after dismantling my Wabash Columbia branch layout and moving to our new home with a finished basement. I never thought it would get put on the back burner for almost four years but that's life.

I've always had an attraction to the off the beaten path railroads, the weed covered branch lines, or the gritty industrial lost the brick canyons.  Ideally I'd do an accurate line for line model. that was the goal with the Wabash Columbia Branch layout.  But one of the lessons from that layout was that I don't have the time to scratch build all the structures. So this time around I'm more for capturing the feel and the look than a perfect 1:87 version.
As I work on boiling down a part of the DECON suitable for a mid size shelf layout I'm drawn to the Milwaukee Junction / Poletown area.
And as I start to trim it down to some thing manageable I zero in on the section between I94, the Edsel Ford Freeway and Farnsworth street.

More to come as work out a plan for my 24" x 120" space.

No comments:

Post a Comment